Autumn is on the way and winter is just around the corner! When it starts getting colder and you’re stuck indoors, you want to stay warm and cosy but you also want winter stuff that makes you look good.
In this post, we’ve got some tips to help you stay warm and stylish when the temperature starts to drop!
How To Dress Warmly During Autumn / Winter
- Layer up – but not too much! That’s right! You can actually do this in quite a simple way. Wear a thin t-shirt and layer over a cosy hoodie. This will keep you warm and cosy. On top – add an elegant jacket and this will finish off the look. A mix of casual and chic!
- Play Around With Size. This is something which is on the rise and many people tend to buy oversized clothing during the autumn and winter months. Perfect for layering and gives you that casual 90’s look too. Think of high-waisted jeans teamed with a thick cotton jacket.
- Mix and Match. Take a look on the catwalk and runway shows – what do you see? A lot of mixing and matching texture which was actually showcased during the SS19 collections too! Play around with style, designs and colours to create your own unique look.
- Autumn / Winter Accessories. This should be at the top of the list really. Accessories are essentials to making or breaking an outfit and one of the key ways that you can completely change up your look without spending too much either.
Think of a lovely pair of gloves, a statement scarf, a cosy hat etc…
- Dark Colours. Black is always fashionable – it’s a colour that many of us love and it’s also known that black absorbs and retains the heat.
Dark coloured clothing doesn’t only look fashionable – it helps you stay warmer for longer too! Style things up in different ways, use your colourful accessories to brighten up a look but remember that black is one of the most easy-to-style colours and always looks great!
9 Closet Additions In Your Winter Collection – How To Dress Warmly
Winter shouldn’t be considered as a fashion disaster – in fact, Will.I.Am has said that he loves winter due to being able to style and layer his outfits much better.
From skinny jeans to biker boots – here are some of the fashion items that people will be looking out for this winter.
- Over-The-Knee Boots. Yep, they’re back and better than ever! If you thought this trend wasn’t around, you’re wrong!
Get your boots out of the wardrobe as you’re going to be wearing these throughout the autumn and winter.
Cute oversized sweaters layered over skirts and these boots – perfect!
- Cashmere Sweaters. Whilst the demand for cashmere has started to decline, there’s still plenty of brands on the high street offering them (Marks & Spencer) and people looking for them for their winter wardrobe.
They’re lightweight but provide the warmth that many love.
- Oversized Faux Leather Jacket. Edgy, stylish and faux leather! Ideal to wear for your day-to-day errands and if it’s a good quality faux leather jacket, it will last you for years! Wear this by layering a lovely jumper or cute cardigan underneath for a touch of colour.
- Basic White T-Shirt. You can’t not mention the basic white tee. It’s an essential for every wardrobe as this is one of the best accessories to have! Layer them or wear them alone – they break up the colouring (if it’s an all-black outfit) and look effortlessly chic!
- Beret. The ultimate French winter accessory! It’s making a big comeback so keep an eye out with your favourite fashion brands and across the high-street! Wear it with any hairstyle and make it an accessory for your outfit!
- Faux Fur Coats. Now, we’re not fans of fur coats but there is people out there still looking for Winter fur coats for women and they’re usually very expensive.
In Russia, these are still considered to be an essential for blocking off cold winds and keeping you warm.
- Trench Coat. What’s Autumn / Winter without a trench coat? This is undoubtedly one of the most stylish fashion items for every wardrobe! Lovely, elegant, warm and supremely comfortable – what’s not to love!?
- Skinny Jeans. Just like the basic white t-shirt mentioned above, the skinny jeans allow you to layer and style things to work for you. These are perfect for everyday as you can wear them tucked into your boots (hello snuggly socks) and you can layer with sweaters and jackets!
- Turtle Neck Top. Another old-style essential for the cold winter days. This is something that not everyone can wear due to the style but it definitely keeps you warm! Opt for a lovely bold colour and keep the rest of your outfit black – effortless and will take you from office to evening meeting perfectly.
I can’t wait to see what you all think of these items – are there any of the list that you’d consider to be a go-to?
Let me know what you all think, can’t wait to read your comments!