Ok so it may be a bit of a chore cleaning your make-up brushes which is why I always do it in the afternoon/evening when I know I’ll be staying home.
There are many ways to clean your make-up brushes and LOTS of products which claim to be the BEST but I always go back to a trusty product which EVERY person has in their kitchen…..washing up liquid!
Yes you read that right…washing up liquid!
It’s the BEST thing to use when cleaning your makeup brushes and this is why….
- Washing up liquid has been developed to cut through grease quickly and effectively so any grease and build-up in your make-up brushes will disappear.
- Antibacterial ingredients also help to protect your brushes from all those horrible germs…..
- Your brushes will smell lovely and fresh…OK so this may not be the best reason but it’s still a reason……
For all you gorgeous fellow bloggers in the UK I like to use Fairy Liquid (normal) or Persil (Pink Blush) which smells lovely and refreshing, with added pink grapefruit you know this stuff is good as it draws out all the dirt, makeup and grease as you can see in the last picture.
So here are my steps in writing and it’s under 10 steps!
1. Get a glass bowl (I like glass bowls)
2. Add some washing up liquid to your bowl.
3. Boil the kettle or let the water run till it’s hot and fill your bowl over the halfway mark
(please be careful when using hot water)
4. Add all your brushes to the bowl and you can let them sit in there for 10 minutes…it helps if you dab them on the bottom of the bowl as the washing up liquid will be able to draw out all the dirty stuff quickly.
5. Once the water has cooled and is cloudy get rid of the water (down the sink) and repeat the above steps…I like to do this twice to make sure my brushes are clean.
6. Run your brushes on hot water (again please be careful when using hot water) until the water is running clear.
7. This step is optional but you can coat your brushes in with your hair conditioner…..this will leave them even softer but I don’t normally do this.
8. Let them air dry overnight on a towel.
See it’s not even 10 steps hahaha!
Cleaning your makeup brushes is a MUST it’s one of the main reasons why people suffer with breakouts as germs collect onto your brushes which gets transferred to your make-up and then onto your face so please make sure your brushes are always clean.
I clean my make-up brushes every 2-3 days depending if I’ve applied any makeup….when I’m on set my work brushes get cleaned every night and I always make sure I have 2-3 sets of brushes with me (and disposable brushes) so I don’t use the same brush on different people!
I’m one of them clean freaks so I like to make sure everything is pretty neat, organised and clean…call me Monica from Friends I really don’t mind….hahaha!
So for all you lovely bloggers please don’t go and waste your money on brush cleaners all you need is some washing up liquid and water…conditioner is optional…you’ll get BETTER results and you’ll know that your brushes have been cleaned properly and all the dirt and grime is gone!
Let me know what you think and if you have any other ways I’d love for you to share your links with all the readers!
If you have any questions or would like any advice you can tweet me!
Hope you all have a lovely day and I’ll speak to you all soon!
What's Your Reaction?